Catching and letting go, just to have a close look.
Discover the pretty brown trout and marble trout along the river Avisio and the water stream Travignolo, and the Alpine char in the cold waters of the mountain lakes.
In Val di Fiemme, in the Dolomites of Trentino, fly fishing lovers can practise their favourite hobby in kilometres of water streams and in the many mountain lakes and stare at the brown trout and marble trout or the Alpine chars.
Clean waters of A class can be found in the dolomitic mountain group of Latemar and in the wild mountain chain of Lagorai, in the “Magnifica Comunità di Fiemme” area.
The water stream Avisio is the cuddle of marble trout
The marble trout is the “queen” of the impetuous waters of the bottom of the valley. The river Avisio, that is constantly changing features and flow, is considered a first-category water stream. Here they introduce the marble trout fry coming only from the ichtyogenic plant of the association of the valley. It’s frequent that, during a nymphing fishing, you can chance upon some trout that weigh some kilos
Fly fishing in the canyons of Travignolo water stream
Water streams and mountain lakes
Forests, rock and water. The mountain chain of Lagorai, the wild group of porphyry mountains that limit the south side of Val di Fiemme, offer the fishermen a mass of rivers and mountain lakes in a great natural environment which are habitat of the brown trout and the Alpine char.
The dam of Fortebuso (Paneveggio-Predazzo) is the perfect place to spend some quiet fishing days, surrounded by forests of spruces and dolomitic massive mountains.
The waters of Val di Fiemme all belong to A class.
Only one licence
To practice the fly fishing in Val di Fiemme you need only one licence, that you can get online too. The Associazione Pescatori Val di Fiemme (Val di Fiemme Fishermen Association) is the largest local fishing organization and is currently controlling the fishing areas in the municipalities of Predazzo, Ziano di Fiemme, Panchià and Tesero.
Fishing lodges hospitality
Also in Val di Fiemme you can find the Trentino Fishing Lodges, Hotels and Farmhouses that dedicate the fishermen special services such as fishing licences, early wake up, early breakfast, storage and cleaning areas for fishing equipment and packet lunch. These Fishing Lodges also organize guided fishing trips and offer suggestions to beginners or to more advanced fishermen in order to improve their technique, as well as offering a fishing equipment rental and purchase service.
Book your fishing holiday and enjoy yourself without worries.
Our offer includes:
- Accommodation in hotel or apartment
- Flexible meal times according to the fisherman's needs
- Catch of the day preservation in the freezer and opportunity to cook it upon request
- Info corner in hotel and – if interested – morning or evening fishing with local fishermen
- Storage and cleaning area for the fishing equipment (info/discount on rental and purchase)
- 2-day fishing licence (for stays up to 4 nights) and a 4-day fishing licence (for stays from 5 nights) for Fortebuso lake, the lakes of the mountain chain Lagorai, the whole course of Avisio from Predazzo to Tesero, the water stream Travignolo and all the other water streams
- Upon request, with fee: packet lunch, lessons for beginners or advanced levels
- NEWS “Trentino Fishing Guides”: expert guidebooks to discover the best fishing spots and useful information upon all areas, fish fauna, fishing techniques and the more adequate fishing equipment
- • From 1.05 to 30.09.2017
Book your hotel/apartment:
*Prices per person in double room or apartment 2 days fishing licence for 1 person