Catching and letting go, just to have a close look.
Discover the brown trout and marble trout in the Avisio river and the Travignolo stream, and the Alpine char in the cold waters of the mountain lakes.
In Val di Fiemme, in the Dolomites of Trentino, fly fishing lovers can practise their favourite hobby in kilometres of streams and in the many mountain lakes. Here they can admire the brown trout and the marble trout or the Arctic chars.
Clean waters can be found in the dolomitic mountain group of Latemar and in the wild mountain chain of Lagorai, in the “Magnifica Comunità di Fiemme” area.
The stream Avisio is the cuddle of marble trout
The marble trout is the “queen” of the impetuous waters of the bottom of the valley. The stream Avisio, that is constantly changing features and flow, is considered a first-category water stream. Here they introduce the marble trout fry coming only from the ichtyogenic plant of the association of the valley. It’s frequent that, during a nymphing fishing, you can chance upon some trout that weigh some kilos.
The waters of Val di Fiemme all belong to A class.
Fly fishing in the canyons of Travignolo stream
Water streams and mountain lakes
Forests, rock and water. The Lagorai mountain chain, the wild group of porphyry mountains that limit the south side of Val di Fiemme, offer the fishermen a mass of rivers and mountain lakes in a great natural environment where the brown trout and the Arctic char live.
The Fortebuso (Paneveggio-Predazzo) reservoir is an ideal place to spend some restful days fishing, surrounded by forests of spruces and dolomitic massive mountains.
One only licence
Practicing fly fishing in Val di Fiemme is really simple. You need one only licence, that you can get online too, to practice your favourite hobby. The Associazione Pescatori Val di Fiemme (Val di Fiemme Fishermen Association) is the largest local fishing organization and is currently controlling the fishing areas in the municipalities of Predazzo, Ziano di Fiemme, Panchià and Tesero.
Trentino Fishing Guides
If you want to spend an unforgettable day of fishing in Trentino, contact one of the expert "Trentino Fishing Guides", who will take you to the best fishing spots and will provide useful information on the fishing areas. Clothing and equipment rental on request.
Fishing Lodges hospitality
Also in Val di Fiemme can be found some of the Trentino Fishing Lodges, Hotels and Farmhouses that dedicate the fishermen special services such as fishing licences, early wake up, early breakfast, storage and cleaning areas for fishing equipment and packed lunch. These Fishing Lodges also organize guided fishing trips and offer suggestions to beginners or to more advanced fishermen in order to improve their technique, as well as offering a fishing equipment rental and purchase service.
Book your fishing holiday and enjoy yourself!
Our offer includes:
- Bed and breakfast, half board or stay only in residence
- personalized alarm clock and early breakfast
- info corner in hotel
- washing and storage place for your fishing equipment (info and special prices for rental and purchase)
On request and with supplement:
- packed lunch
- Trentino Fishing Guides”: experienced guides who will accompany you to the best fishing spots and give you information on the areas, the fish, the fishing techniques and the more suitable equipment (rental equipment by the Fishing Guide available as the possibility to book the transfers)
- Fishing permit: € 18 per day for the for Fortebuso lake, € 22 per day for the lakes of the Lagorai mountain chain, the Avisio creek from Predazzo to Tesero, the lower part of the water stream Travignolo and in the "pronta pesca" area of Rio Stava.