That red Trekking
Trekking in Val di Fiemme become red like a fire.
Dolomitic sunsets, forests of spruces and expanses of rhododendrons.
The tops of Latemar are ones of the most pictured peaks of the world. And everyone can access them. You can enjoy the dolomitic landscapes from the bottom of the valley - every place has its path. Sometimes you just need to walk a bit to reach a Unesco's “World Heritage Site”; sometimes you need to go for a trek to get there. The ski lifts are often the best solution to avoid the hill and save some energies to spend whole days where, usually, only the eagles fly.
Val di Fiemme is famous for being one of the most interesting places of our planet thanks to its different kinds of rocks, which can still tell a 230-million-year-old story.
Curvy paths cross the forests of spruces and the pastures covered with flowers and get to the moonlike landscapes of Latemar, the most ancient of the mountain groups, or of Corno Bianco, the privileged observation point for spectacular sunsets.
Others lead to the wild tops of the mountain chain of Lagorai, where you can walk for days without meeting a human being and where water doesn't run out because the phorphyry rocks - unlike the dolomitic rocks - hold it easily and give life to mountain lakes which are often surrounded by rhododendrons.
Pleasant hikes suitable for children too, to reach the paradisiacal Natural Park of Paneveggio Pale di San Martino and the Natural Park Monte Corno. And at Pampeago there's RespirArt, the highest Art Park of Europe. Between 2,000 and 2,200 metres above the sea level, where the wood gives way to the meadows, you meet RespirArt route, scattered with contemporary art installations created by internationally-famous artists.
Not only dolomitic sunsets, healthy sleeping, meetings and laughs. In Val di Fiemme the ski lifts, activities in nature, buses and museums are free too.
Only in this valley, by paying the visitors' tax, you will get free transfers, services, hikes and treks and plenty of emotions to be lived in the most thrilling natural landscapes. And the feedbacks do confirm that: “For the first time in my life, I'm happy to pay the visitors' tax”.
So... What do you get for free?
Once arrived at your hotel, you'll immediately receive the Trentino & FiemmE-motion Guest Card offering plenty of services and activities, including the transfers by ski lifts, little road trains, buses and shuttles. From June 12th to the end of September 2016, the Trentino & FiemmE-motion Guest Card, also offers guided hikes, spectacular tales and games in nature, entertainment fo families, bike rides, mobility throughout Trentino by bus, little road trains and shuttles, entrances to museums and castles in Trentino and discounts on the entrance to sports facilities.
The Card, handed by Hotels, Agritourisms, B&Bs and Residences, is free for up to 14-year-old kids. In addition, nobody must pay this tax for stays longer than 10 nights.
To realize the value of this card, here's the lift of free services included in the card:
- ski lifts of Val di Fiemme (Cavalese Alpe Cermis, Pampeago Latemar, Predazzo Latemar 2200);
- free entrances to Muse of Trento, Mart of Rovereto, museums and castles of Trentino eand many other historical-cultural sites of Trentino;
- mobility throughout Trentino, by Trentino Trasporti buses, little road trains and shuttles in the villages of Val di Fiemme and on-call services;
- entertainment for families and spectacular tales in the “Magnifici places of Fiemme”;
- hikes with mountain guides, experts, botanists and naturalistic guides, guided visits with tasting to the wine-growing company Cantine vitivinicole della Val di Cembra, creative course;
- entrances to the Palace of Magnifica Comunità, Geological Museum of the Dolomites, Natural Park of Paneveggio Pale di San Martino;
- up to 30% discounts on rafting, bikes, e-bikes, swimming-pool, wellness centre; benefits and discounts received in malgas, mountain huts, restaurants and 0-km producers.