San Leonardo Church in Lisignago
The church has a two-sloped shingle roof
Mentioned for the first time in 1440, the church has a two-sloped shingle roof and is surrounded by a large porphyry wall. The church is important for the frescoes that ornate the side walls, and the well conserved paintings of the Last Supper, the Holy Trinity in a rare representation of the three divine personages, the Madonna della Misericordia (Our Lady of Mercy) with members of the civil and religious authorities, and lastly Saint Ursula with a flag bearing a cross with a chorus of virgins.
The paintings date back to the end of the 1400s and are believed to have been painted by the Bressanone school.
Locality: Dosso di San Leonardo in Lisignago.