An important place for the community of Giovo
Massive medieval church, emerges from the vegetation to control the scenic basin of Giovo
Reachable from the Valternigo, it has been a place of devotion since the Middle Ages. The story tells that Bishop St. Vigilius in the 4th century pulled down the temple dedicated to the gods Jupiter and Walter to erect a cross in its place, which would later be the site of the church's construction.
The building is sandstone, massive with strong ribs and sober geometry.
Since ancient times it has been a destination for pilgrimages begging for protection against fires, which were banned in 1602.